Today I am bringing you a very special Soothing Pregnancy Tea Recipe from a very special blogger. Emilie is the brains behind The Toups Address. She blogs about all things healthy, natural, *real*, and from scratch…just what we like here at Scratch Mommy, right!?
Her blog tagline is…
…a mission that I know many of us take very seriously. Emilie has quite the success story to share about this special herbal tea blend recipe. Talk about two wildly different deliveries of babies…holy moly!
Her story and lovely (and delish!) recipe is below. Please, read along and then be sure to stop by and visit Emilie. I have included her social media links at the end of this post for you.
Ok, mammas this is one for the books. (That means you need to save this one!)
I mean you had me at soothing……and it can help during labor. Now I am sold!
During my first pregnancy, I kind of winged it. You know, I ate healthy here and there and made sure not to consume too much caffeine. I tried the best I could to remember those horse pills called prenatals and the rest; well I left that up to nature.
But you know what that got me……a 15hr labor that ended up with forceps, a thin un-nourished placenta and a hemorrhage. That was not fun. I was totally unprepared.
The second go-round was a totally different experience. I was determined. I was tackling this pregnancy head on. I researched, read, and then researched some more.
Wanna know one of the biggest tools?
Yep! Cute, tasty, dainty tea.
But boy, does it pack a punch on your health!
Red Raspberry Leaf –
A study published in the Journal of Midwifery and Women’s Health in 2001 found that women who drank raspberry leaf tea had shorter labor, and fewer of their babies were delivered by forceps.1
- It is packed full of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C and magnesium
- It also has fragrine – an alkaloid that tones and strengthens the uterus and makes contractions more effective
- Helps ease morning sickness and upset stomach
- Helps uterus return to normal quicker and easier postpartum
- Learn more about Red Raspberry Leaf
Nettle Leaf –
- Nettle has lots of Vitamin K, which is essential for blood coagulation and decreases likelihood of hemorrhage
- Can increase the richness and availability of breast milk
- Eases leg cramps and muscle spasms
- Learn more about Nettle Leaf
Peppermint Leaf –
- Aids in digestion
- Relaxes mild upset stomach
- Learn more about Peppermint Leaf
Soothing Pregnancy Tea
- 1 cup dried red raspberry leaves (organic & sustainably sourced raspberry leaves)
- 1/2 cup dried nettle leaves (organic & sustainably sourced nettles)
- 1/2 cup dried peppermint leaves (organic & sustainably sourced peppermint leaves)
- Put all ingredients in a quart mason jar or other glass jar (these are super cute jars for keeping your tea blends nice and fresh). Shake to mix well.
- Pour 1 cup hot water over 1 tbs of Pregnancy Tea mix. Let steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain and enjoy. Pairs great with a little raw honey.
With the approval of my midwife I drank this tea at least 2-3x a week in the 1st and 2nd trimester and every single day in the 3rd.
And the success? I labored for 4 hours and pushed my healthy 9.5lb baby boy out on the third push. That was enough evidence for me. This will definitely be in my routine when baby No.3 comes around one day.
About the Author
Emilie is wife and stay-at-home mom to Elise (2) and Micah (1). She is a mom with a mission….to help YOU on your journey to better health and wellness. She blogs about real nourishing meals, parenting, and homesteading over at The Toups Address.
Please go and visit Emilie and tell her that I sent you! Below are her social media links…