This post may contain affiliate links, including Amazon.com & others. Your price won't change, but it enables free content here for you & supports our business. Read our full disclosure here.
Lemon-Herb Grilled Chicken Recipe
I don’t think that I could be more excited about today’s post. Eeeek!
One of my bestest blogging buddies (who quickly became someone I am proud to call a friend) has dropped by to share a *real* food recipe with all of you. Kristin, from Live Simply, never disappoints in her recipes (trust me…I’ve made several). If you are looking for simple, nourishing meals Kristin from Live Simply is who you want to visit.
Today, she brings us chicken. Not just any old chicken dish…oh no! This is a chicken dish simply perfect for the season…a grilled chicken recipe that you need in your life.
True? Yes, I believe so.
I am certain you will enjoy Kristin’s writing style. So, keep reading for Kristin’s fantabulous recipe.
Oh, and be sure to check out her bio at the end of this post; I’ve also included her social media icons for you…please, stop by and show her some big love.
I’m thrilled to be joining my good friend Jessica here at Scratch Mommy. Jessica and I met last year and instantly became friends, not only in the blogging world, but also in real life. Thank you, Jessica, for the chance to hang out for the day on Scratch Mommy and do what I love best, cook and share a big, real food meal.
I’m a Florida gal, so naturally I love the warm weather. With the very sight of spring, my little Florida, sandal-loving heart jumps for joy. I love the fresh, outdoor inspiration brought by the warm months of spring and summer. The garden that waits planting, the fresh eggs being laid (we have a misfit gang of nine backyard chickens), and the outdoor play enjoyed by the kids. After too many long months of cold weather and endless soup (even in Florida), the warmth brought by spring and summer are absolute perfection. A welcome warm change from the cold days of winter.
Late summer evenings spent in the garden, watching the kids’ chase the chickens, with a big ice-cold glass of Kombucha, race by too quickly. Noon quickly turns into 6pm, and you know what that means? Hungry bellies waiting to be fed and a tired mommy starring right back, wondering what to make for dinner.
It’s during these warm months the grill becomes my very best friend. With a simple homemade marinade and a hot grill, magic can happen in just minutes. Transforming any warm summer night from, “What am I going to make?” to “Dinner time!”. Of course, every good meal should be enjoyed with friends, so sharing my favorite summer-time marinade recipe is a must, especially when stopping by Scratch Mommy.
This simple recipe was born from the warm summer days of spring/summer. The robust flavors of lemon and fresh herbs come together to create a simple, yet delicious marinade. Add chicken and a kick of garlic, then toss on a hot grill… delicious and simple. I love to serve this no-fuss lemon herb grilled chicken with a big leafy green salad topped with beets, summer berries, and cheese. If you’re feeling extra fancy, finish this perfectly marinated chicken with a bowl of homemade vanilla bean ice cream and fresh berry syrup, for the ultimate summer meal.
Go grab that big ol’ glass of Berry-Lemonade Kombucha, let’s get to grilling.
Lemon-Herb Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces- other options: chicken breasts, thighs
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs, chopped (I like to use: dill, parsley, rosemary, basil, and thyme)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced (this is really helpful for juicing lemons)
- ½ cup olive oil (where to buy)
- 1 tsp. good-quality salt (where to buy)
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard (where to buy)
- If using a whole chicken, cut the chicken into pieces. This tutorial is helpful for learning to cut a whole chicken.
- In a bowl, combine the: fresh herbs, minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and mustard. Whisk together.
- Place the chicken pieces in a gallon-size bag (or large bowl). Pour the marinade over the chicken. Toss the marinade and chicken together.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, in the fridge. This can also be done the night before, or a few hours before cooking.
- After the chicken has finished marinating, fire-up the grill. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook on the grill until cooked through (the time will depend on chicken pieces used, approximately 15-20 minutes).
Kristin is a stay-at-home mom to her two children, Piper(4) and Londyn(2). She loves to share her real food tips, ideas, and recipes for feeding the entire family nourishing whole foods!
She is passionate about encouraging moms on this journey of simple, natural living and traditional, real food. Kristin is a professional blogger and the creator of Live Simply. Click the social media icons below to follow Kristin.
Founder + Publisher + Chief Scientist + Handcrafter behind Scratch Mommy and Scratch Mommy Organic Skincare. Loves her loyal customers, whipping up a batch of body butter, playing in the sandbox with her son, and tickling feet with her husband, oh and a good organic wine or beer. Favorite Scratch Mommy Post: DIY Smooth Finish Foundation With Sunscreen.